How To Install A Close Coupled Toilet
There are many different types of toilets, available however generally you can sort them into five different categories:
- Close Coupled – this is where the cistern is attached and sitting directly on top of the pan.
- Wall Hung – this arrangement is where the toilet pan is hung on the wall or on a piece of furniture.
- Back to Wall – the pan in this instance is sitting on the floor with the cistern concealed in the wall or inside a unit.
- Low Level – the cistern is mounted on the wall with an exposed pipe joining it to the pan which is sitting on the floor.
- High Level – this is a similar arrangement to the low level pan and cistern except that the cistern is mounted very high on the wall requiring a chain to flush.
This article How to Fit a New Toilet deals with fitting a close coupled toilet so you can follow what to do step-by-step.
If you would prefer watching how to install a close coupled toilet, you can do so by watching the video below: