Subject Access Requests
Request for information
Soakology Subject Access Requests
Under Section 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) individuals are granted the right to make requests for copies of the information an organisation holds on them.
Requests can be made to:
- Find out whether Soakology holds any information on you
- Be given a description of personal data (if any) held by Soakology
- Find out the reasons why personal data is being held or processed
- Whether personal information will be shared with any third party organisation or individual
- Be given a copy of the personal information (if any) held by Soakology and details of the origin or source of that data (if it is known)
Requests for information made by the representative of an individual will only be processed where sufficient authority or confirmation of appropriate representation can be proven.
Requests for individual personal information will be dealt with in a timely manner within the prescribed time limit of 40 calendar days. Subject Access Requests for information made to Soakology will incur an administrative fee of £25. In the case of a dispute about the individuals right to access data held by Soakology due to special circumstances the request will be referred to the appropriate governing body to determine if the information is exempt from a Subject Access Request.
Soakology does not accept responsibility for incorrectly completed forms or forms lost in transit.
Under certain special circumstances requests for information can be denied. The GDPR is intended to apply generally and exemptions will be dealt with on a case by case basis and may lead to a request either remaining unfulfilled or being fulfilled outside the 40 day deadline.